Skip main navigation

Gavilan College Home Page

Directions to Gavilan College

Bus Information

Santa Clara VTA, Route 18.

map of south bay freeways

map of gilroy countryside

Rideshare Information

The San Benito County Rideshare Program has vanpool and carpool services available for people commuting to and from San Benito County.

From San Jose

  • Take Highway 101 south.
  • Go through Gilroy
  • Make a right at Castro Valley Road
  • Go right at Santa Teresa Blvd.
  • Gavilan College is on left.

From Santa Cruz, Aptos, Watsonville
(the straighter, less mountainous route)

  • Take Highway 1 to the Riverside Drive exit (Highway 129).
  • Go east approximately 15 miles to Highway 101, then north to Gilroy.
  • In Gilroy, take the Monterey Road exit. Go left (west) on Monterey Road.
  • After going under the overpass, get back on Highway 101 going south.
  • Exit at Castro Valley Road.
  • At Santa Teresa Blvd., turn right.
  • Gavilan College will be on the left.

Scenic Route from Santa Cruz County

  • Take the Airport Blvd. exit off Hwy 1. It will become Holohan Rd. and run into Route 152.
  • Turn left on 152 and go over Hecker Pass.
  • At the first light, Santa Teresa Blvd., turn right.
  • The College will be approximately 2 miles on the right.